In Sanity We Trust
Diversions Broken News Forum Gallery Index
Diversions: Washington Post's Mensa Invitational
Here is the Washington Post's Mensa Invitational which once again
asked readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by
adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new
2005 winners are:
1. Cashtration: (n.) The act of buying a house, which renders the
subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus: (n.) A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
3. Intaxication: (n.) Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until
you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation: (n.) Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone: (n.) The substance surrounding stupid people that stops
bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately,
shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy: (n.) Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of
7. Giraffiti: (n.) Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
8. Sarchasm: (n.)The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
9. Inoculatte: (v.) To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
10. Hipatitis: (n.) Terminal coolness.
11. Osteopornosis: (n.) A degenerate disease. (This one got extra
12. Karmageddon: (n.) It's when everybody is sending off all these really
bad vibes, and then the Earth explodes and it's a serious bummer.
13. Decafalon: (n.) The grueling event of getting through the day
consuming only things that are good for you
14. Glibido: (n.) All talk and no action.
15. Dopeler effect: (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter
when they come at you rapidly.
16. Arachnoleptic fit: (n.) The frantic dance performed just after
you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
17. Beelzebug: (n.) Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into
your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
18. Caterpallor: (n.) The color you turn after finding half a worm
in the fruit you're eating.